LED technology has gained traction in the skin care world for its impressive, positive impact on acne and signs of aging. We offer an LED facial that delivers high-precision LED wavelengths in a quick, safe, and non-invasive treatment.
What Is LED?
LED stands for light-emitting diode, and it’s the technology behind our LED facial. With a range of LED wavelengths, LED facials stimulate the skin’s natural healing process to increase cell turnover and create more collagen.
LED facials can be used to reduce the appearance of:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Age spots and discoloration
LED facials typically only last for about 20 minutes. No downtime is required after the facial, which makes it a convenient treatment option for patients with busy schedules. Multiple facials will likely be needed to provide the best results.
How Do LED Facials Work?
LED light facials include a variety of wavelengths to treat different layers of your skin. It’s important to note that LED facials don’t include ultraviolet rays, which could damage your skin. Instead, your LED facial may include red and blue wavelengths, both of which are quickly and easily absorbed by the skin.
- Red wavelengths
Red LED light impacts the outer layer of the skin. When this outer layer takes in LED light, it’s prompted to create more collagen. Increased collagen production leads to plumper, healthier skin with reduced lines and wrinkles. Plus, red LED light can boost circulation to the skin and lower inflammation.
- Blue wavelengths
Blue LED light impacts the oil glands in the skin. While we all need our oil glands to retain moisture in the skin, overactive glands can cause acne. Blue LED light can slow down overactive oil glands to reduce breakouts and wipe out bacteria that causes acne. Additionally, blue LED light has been shown to reduce scarring and lower inflammation in the skin.
What Are the Benefits of LED Facials?
- LED facials can soothe skin irritation and inflammation for a brighter complexion.
- LED facials can be used as a non-invasive treatment alternative for common skin concerns.
- LED facials have shown to be an effective treatment option for acne and may be used as a safe alternative to oral medications for acne.
- The treatment process for an LED facial is quick, typically lasting just 20 minutes.
- Our LED facial is different from other types of light therapy because it doesn’t include ultraviolet rays. This means that an LED facial won’t damage or irritate your skin as other cosmetic treatments would.
LED facials can help you achieve a healthier, more radiant complexion in a safe, non-invasive treatment. Contact us today to learn more.