What are Hormone Pellets?
Hormone pellets are a type of HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) and help restore testosterone and estrogen levels. The pellets do this by delivering a small, controlled amount of bio-identical hormones into the blood, mimicking the hormone production seen in younger adults.
Hormone pellets are testosterone or estradiol (a type of estrogen) compounded by a pharmacy into the form of a small pellet. Natural plant compounds are used to make bio-identical hormone pellets, and they’re embedded underneath the skin at the hip, lower abdomen, or buttocks. The procedure is almost pain-free using a local anesthetic and takes 30-45 minutes in the office.
Why Choose Hormone Pellets for HRT?
There are several reasons why hormone replacement pellets may be a great choice for you when compared to other types of hormone therapy.
- Pellets release a more consistent amount of hormones into the blood unlike creams, patches, and pills. This is more like the natural release of hormones in the body.
- They avoid dangerous accidental rub off the creams/gels to another person or pet
- No more remembering to take pills, use patches with possible adhesive allergies or have to frequently inject Testosterone.
- Insertions are required every 3-4 months for women and every 6 months for men
- Cost is about the same or even less with what you pay fro other types of HRT through insurance.
Hormone replacement pellets can improve the way you look and feel by restoring and stabilizing your hormone levels. Contact Bionuu in Littleton today to learn more about this treatment option for hormone health. bioidentica
Medical Insurance Questions
How much does it cost?
Unlike other clinics who charge for labs and supplements as part of the treatment, we work with you to keep costs down. We order labs through your insurance when possible, give you the option to shop around for best prices on supplements.
Prices start at $260 for most women (every 3-4 months) and $560 for most men (every 6 months). A lot of our clients find that the cost is similar or only slightly higher than what they pay through insurance and for some it is actually lower.